Guinness Nigeria Plc is set to recruit for its 2015 Graduate Programme and presently recruits for its Marketing Division - We are Guinness Nigeria, member of Diageo Plc the world's leading premium drinks business with an unrivalled collection of beverage alcohol & non-alcohol brands across the Spirits, Wine & Beer categories.
Guinness Nigeria operates a Total Beverage Business (TBB). A key contributor to the success of the GNPLC strategic plan is an effective & flexible field sales force demonstrating industry leadership in both volume driving & brand building activity. We put the customer at the heart of everything we do, and through this, will deliver sustained, mutual growth for our brands, categories, customers and partners. Will you partner with us on this journey?
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Graduate Marketing Programme
Who we are and what we offer!
- We want you to jump straight in to your new role, ready to take the bull by the horns. We'll introduce you to the reality of the business world from day one, you'll have real responsibilities and an immediate opportunity to be part of our business success.
- We want you to act like an owner of Diageo, always looking to seize an opportunity. You'll demonstrate an aspiration to progress as well a willingness to challenge the status quo in pursuit of performance. Throughout the programme, you'll demonstrate your judgement, drive and influence in all that you do. You will interact with senior leaders and other graduates across the world to inspire you and help you develop.
- Best of all, we promise to give you the freedom to showcase your ideas and initiatives and give you the room to grow. You will bring your passion, individuality and creativity, and seek opportunities to drive business growth through team work. We were built by people of extraordinary character like Arthur Guinness, Alexander Walker and Charles Tanqueray. You will stand on the shoulders of these giants and like them, you'll have a chance to leave a legacy.
How our programme works:
- Our programme is a three year adventure with Diageo during which you'll find yourself challenged and inspired to reach your full potential.
- You'll be introduced to many of our Diageo leaders in different countries so you can see the differences – and the similarities - in how we operate around the world.
- We'll introduce you to global networks so you can experience different cultures and make new friends and professional connections.
- Plus, if you want it, there may even be an opportunity to live and work abroad so you can experience first-hand what it's like to live and work in another country.
We encourage you to apply where your true passion is. But whichever are you join us in you'll find we employ the same approach to your development, providing you with two to three rotations within your chosen programme over three years.
The Marketing Graduate Programme
- Imagine how exciting it would be to be responsible for marketing some of the world's most iconic and best-selling brands.
- On this programme you'll be involved in creating exciting and powerful stories to make our existing brands even stronger, and perhaps even launching new ones.
- Developing creative platforms that will be activated all over the world, you'll be able to demonstrate your passion to bring our brands to life.
- Because we sell our brands across the globe, our ideas need to work across different countries, so you'll quickly discover how Diageo markets at an international level.
- On the graduate programme you may have the opportunity to be part of a global brand team, working together to leverage, inspire and support each other to deliver great marketing ideas.
- Brilliant marketers in Diageo understand how to sell our brands, by adding value to our customers and delivering amazing experiences to our consumers so our graduates also have an opportunity to spend a year in Sales.
- During your three years, you will work on iconic and innovative brands, and be inspired to excel in three exciting areas that help you to build the foundations of your Commercial & Marketing capability before specialising in an area such as Digital Marketing or Brand Management.
The key ingredients we want you to have:
- We're looking for graduates who not only have the capability to succeed in our organisation today but also have the potential to be our leaders of tomorrow. And we have set our standards high. It's important that you share our Values.
- We are looking for someone who is committed to the role and Diageo from day one. Full of energy, enthusiasm and optimism in everything you do. Following your instincts and standing up for what you feel is right.
- You'll have the opportunity to work collaboratively while showing your confidence and conviction to challenge people, in pursuit of finding the best and most innovative solutions for Diageo.
- Your drive and agility will be applied to overcome challenges and to develop yourself as you progress through the programme.
- You're able to build strong relationships in order to learn and grow together, as well as to influence and inspire others to always do better. Many of these relationships will be core to your success now and in the future as you progress through the organisation.
The key ingredients we want you to have:
- We're looking for graduates who not only have the capability to succeed in our organisation today but also have the potential to be our leaders of tomorrow. It's important that you share our Values.
- We are looking for someone who is committed to the role and Diageo from day one. Full of energy, enthusiasm and optimism in everything you do.
In addition to the behaviours we've outlined above we have a few basic requirements for entry:
- A minimum Bachelor 2.1 academic degree or upper credit HND
- Fluency in English
- Excellent numerical & analytical ability
- Fluency in the relevant language to the market you are applying
- Right to work in your market of application
- Valid driver's license
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Note: you may be based in any of our geographic regions and we therefore require you to be mobile and willing to potentially relocate for the role.